Mercer County Community FCU celebrated 61 years of service to its members at their Annual Meeting on Saturday, April 14 at the Park Inn by Radisson in Hermitage. There were 131 members and guests in attendance. Connie George, Board Chair, was recognized for her 30 years of volunteer service on the credit union’s board. A special scholarship is being awarded at next year’s annual meeting in her honor. This year, six, $1,000 Continuing Education Awards were presented to local high school and college students. The students were the winners of an essay contest in which the question was: Establishing a financial relationship is a very important step to your financial future. Please tell us what products and services you are looking for in your credit union and what other factors will be important to you when researching your banking options?
The 2018 Continuing Education Award recipients are:
- Garrett Duffy, Reynolds High School
- Marcus Asa Ryder, Mercer Area High School
- Madeleine Ada Songer, Sharon High School
- Jessica Flynn, Youngstown State University
- Emily Hazlett, Seton Hill University
- Kassianne Tofani, Gannon University
Congratulations to all the award winners.